Check out the First Responder Network Authority at APCO 2018
The First Responder Network Authority (FirstNet Authority) looks forward to participating in APCO 2018, APCO International’s 84th Annual Conference and Expo, which will be held August 5-8. Join us at this year’s event in Las Vegas to hear the latest developments in our efforts to drive innovation, advocate for public safety, and oversee the deployment of public safety’s own network.
On August 7, CEO Mike Poth will deliver a keynote address on FirstNet’s progress and expectations for the nationwide public safety broadband network. You can also hear FirstNet Authority leaders in a number of sessions focused on the network status and innovation strategies that will transform the future of public safety communications.
We look forward to meeting and talking with you at one of the following sessions:
Monday, August 6
- FirstNet Moving Forward: Innovation, Advocacy and Oversight, CTO Jeff Bratcher, 12:45 – 1:15 p.m., in the Exhibit Hall (Presentation Theatre). Jeff will discuss the FirstNet Authority’s technology and innovation work, public safety advocacy efforts, and oversight of the nationwide public safety broadband network contract.
- Innovating Public Safety, Senior Public Safety Advisor Bill Schrier, 2 – 3 p.m., in the Veronese Room 2402-2403/2502-2503. Bill will talk about how cutting-edge technology can improve public safety’s experience and outcomes with Deputy Fire Chief Jeff Buchanan, Clark County Fire Department; Lieutenant Dori Koren, Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department, Technical Operations Section; Director Eddie Reyes, Prince William County Office of Public Safety Communication; and Matt Walsh, Director of Business Development, AT&T.
Tuesday, August, 7
- FirstNet: Public Safety’s Network of the Future (Keynote), CEO Michael Poth, 8 a.m., Distinguished Achievers Breakfast, in the Venetian Ballroom A-F.
- Partnering with Public Safety to Drive Network Innovation, Public Safety Advocacy Executive Director Dave Buchanan, 10:30 – 11 a.m, in the Exhibit Hall (Presentation Theatre). Dave will provide insights into how ongoing collaboration and engagement with public safety will grow and advance FirstNet services, devices, and apps.
Wednesday, August 8
- FirstNet Users, a panel moderated by Ray Lehr, retired Assistant Chief for the Baltimore City Fire Department, 1:45 – 2:45 p.m., in the Veronese Room 2402-2403/2502-2503. The panel will feature Todd Early, Deputy Assistant Director, Texas Department of Public Safety; Stephen M. Willoughby, ENP Director & Chief, Department of Emergency Communications, City of Richmond (VA); and Captain Justin Schreck, Beaver Springs Fire Company (PA), speaking about their experiences as FirstNet users.
Be on the lookout for FirstNet Authority blogs, podcasts, and videos from APCO! For more information on how to register for APCO 2018, click here. You can also find more information and a full schedule of events here.