As an emergency manager, you know that one of your most important duties is to turn data into actionable information for all responding entities. FirstNet equips you with a reliable broadband connection and key features like priority and preemption that allow you to collect and share data to improve response. With FirstNet, you can:
- High-volume data streaming between the Emergency Operations Center and the field
- Improved tracking of vehicles, equipment, personnel, evacuees, etc.
- Ability to monitor network status in nearly real time, including alerts and detailed view of coverage in areas where responders are active or being deployed
- Network priority features for non-public safety partners that need to collaborate with first responders during an event
- A catalog of vetted, secure public safety and emergency management apps
- More than 150 FirstNet-dedicated deployables available at no cost to FirstNet subscribers
- Integration with Land Mobile Radio networks
- A common communications platform for local mutual aid and Emergency Management Assistance Compact (EMAC) missions
Quality of Service, Priority and Preemption
FirstNet provides a reliable, resilient, highly available wireless connection for emergency response. Priority and preemption capabilities are always on, not externally activated. This ensures first responders stay connected during large emergencies when commercial networks can become overwhelmed. FirstNet’s priority capabilities have been battle-tested by public safety during natural disasters, emergency incidents, and pre-planned events.
Local Control for Users and Applications
Through an easy-to-use dashboard, FirstNet primary agencies have the unique ability to “uplift” all users, including extended primary users, to a higher priority status during planned events and disaster incidents. Because emergency managers work closely with extended primary organizations, such as utilities, NGOs, and Volunteer Organizations Active in Disaster (VOAD) groups, you will benefit from this capability.
For public safety, by public safety
Through a robust consultation effort, the First Responder Network Authority works with the emergency management community to ensure the FirstNet network meets your needs.